Friday, April 27, 2012

What is the best way to prevent acne with facial hair?

Everytime I grow a goatee I breakout. I would like to grow one but the acne makes me shave it off.



What is the best way to prevent acne with facial hair?

I have the same problem. I checked it out and the doctor asked me to do one or more of the following:



1. Make sure you keep the bearded area clean. Ideally use a good strong facial cleanser like Neutrogena or the ones you get over the counter.



2. Comb your beard so that the longer hair don't curve back down to your skin and clog your pores.



3. Invest in a solution like Proactive or use medicated face cleaning pads making sure that the skin under your beard is getting the medication properly.



The deep down issue is that once you grow your beard out, your pores in the skin don't get clean as nicely and clog up causing you to break out.



What is the best way to prevent acne with facial hair?

The best way to prevent acne with facial hair is to use an exfolliant like St. Ives Apricot scrub. I know it doesn't sound manly, but it works! This will prevent ingrown hairs and will keep the skin around existing hairs clean = no acne!

No comments:

Post a Comment